Time: 3 days - 2 nights.
Canals and rivers is means of living in Mekong delta where local specialties come from river and agriculture. The 3 days tour will take you deeply explore the lush orchards, off-beaten both open-air markets and floating markets, local workshops, historical communities…You will experience the most exciting water life with cycling, fishing, cooking and homestay in local house. Especially, you will taste unique local delicacies made with freshest ingredients that prepared from amazing hospitality local people.
Contact us to creat your own trip from the sample holiday
Day 1 Ho Chi Minh City - Ben Tre - Boat cruise - Eat & sleep like local
Start from your hotel, drive to Ben Tre. Take a boat to a small island, visit orchard gardens, workshops and taste some specialties made from coconut. Relax on horse-drawn cart to a bee farm, try green tea with honey and some seasonal fruit.
After lunch, we will stroll in open-air local market, buy some ingredient for our dinner. Joining with lovely smiled local children if you want to swim, fishing... Enjoy the hospitality of a local family with dinner and traditional music. Spend tonight in a local house in Ben Tre.
Transportation: Car & boat
Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Day 2 Ben Tre - Cooking with host - Can Tho City - Feast with local specialties - Local nightlife exploring
Cycling on village road to visit local market to practice bartering and taste some snack for breakfast. Visitors will be supplied with sweets, sugar, milk, etc… which they can then barter for different kind of local fruit. The host will help us choose some fresh ingredient for our lunch. Together with host, we cook the lunch with local delicacies.
Take the boat to see family-run businesses producing a local version of popcorn and rice paper. Drive to Can Tho for overnight. Our dinner today with authentic Can Tho specialties; grilled fish, Cong cake… If you are adventurous eater, the grilled rat meat is waiting for you!
Meals: Breakfast; Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Twin shared hotel in Can Tho City.
Day 3 Can Tho - Bustle floating market - (Brunch)
Take early morning boat trip to Cai Rang floating market, filled with small boats darting through the water as vendors sell their wares. Enjoy remarkable breakfast on boat as the way local people having. Cruise through narrow cannels and stop at a fruit orchard. From here, take a “xe loi” - a pedicab drawn by motorbike to visit Binh Thuy old house and stroll in local market where plenty of tasting items are waiting for you to try. Return to Ho Chi Minh City.
Meals: Brunch with street food taste
End of services
- Private transfer (A/C Van)
- Homestay in Ben Tre
- Hotel in Can Tho City
- Boat trips
- English speaking guide
- Cooking demonstration
- Street food taste
- Meals specified in program
- All entrance permission and visiting fees
- Mineral water & Tissue.
- Personal Expense
- Any others not mention in inclusion portion.
Terms and conditions:
- Deposit and Payment: 30% of total invoice should be deposit at the time of booking for guarantee. Final payment is no later than 7days in advance of arrival date.
- Cancellation: If cancelling less than 15 days, the deposit is non-refundable. After final payment is received a cancellation fee of approximately 75% applies. This percentage may be less depending on the date of cancellation. A cancellation fee of 100% is applicable within 03 days of travel.
- Pricing: All prices are shown in American dollars and are current at the date of printing this itinerary. If there is a dramatic fluctuation in the exchange rate or the price of services provided, which are beyond the control of Vietnam Food Tour, VFT reserves the right to adjust tour prices accordingly, even though the balance of payment may have been made. This would only happen in unusual circumstances.
- Itinerary Validity and Content: This itinerary is valid until 2015, unless otherwise specified. Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy. Vietnam Food Tour shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss caused by any inaccuracy. Vietnam Food Tour reserves the right to change tour arrangements or accommodations due to safety or security reasons, and will endeavor to provide alternative arrangements of the same standard as that originally booked.
- Special Requirements: Please advise Vietnam Food Tour of any special requirements such as Special Meals, Medical Requirements etc., as soon as possible. If you get motion sickness, it is imperative that you bring with you motion sickness pills as we travel by coach and boat sometimes in our tour.
- Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend you organize travel insurance before departure in your country. Insurance covers cancellation fees payable for airline tickets, accommodation, loss of deposit, luggage etc.
- Clients’ Responsibilities: It is your responsibility to obtain passports, health certificates or other travel documents where required for the tour. It remains your responsibility to ensure that these documents are in order and to meet any additional costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with such requirements. It is also your responsibility to obtain any vaccinations that may be required to travel.