Banh Xeo - Special Vietnamese's food
Vietnam Pancake ( Bánh xèo)
Banh xeo is a famous folk dish. Similar to way calling other types of cake in Vietnam, name “banh xeo” derived from sound sizzle of pouring flour into hot pan. Those who once enjoy this cake certainly feel that banh xeo has unforgettable flavor.
- 400gr rice flour
- 500gr shred coconut
- 200gr shrimp
- 200gr pork bellies
- 2 eggs, turmeric powder, bean sprouts, chives, green bean, spring onions, minced garlic, chilies Fish sauce, pork fat or cooking oil, sugar, glutamate, seasonings, vinegar
Step 1: Prepare fillings of “banh xeo”
- Slice pork bellies. Clean and shrimp.
- Marinade pork bellies and shrimp with 1 spoon of seasonings, 1 spoon of sugar, ½ spoon of pepper, minced garlic. Keep in 15 minutes.
- Fry top of spring onion (white part). Pour pork bellies and shrimp to stir-fry.
- Steam green bean until it becomes soft
- Cut spring onion into small pieces.
Step 2: Prepare flour:
- From 500 gram of shred coconut, mix well with 500 ml water to have 500 ml coconut juice.
- Put 2 eggs in a bowl, stir well.
- Pour slowly coconut juice and eggs into rice flour.
- Add 1 spoon of seasonings, ½ spoon of turmeric powder, spring onion, 1 spoon of glutamate.
Step 3: Fry cake:
- Heat the pan. Pour 1 spoon of pork fat or cooking oil.
- When the pan becomes very hot, pour 1 big spoon of flour, and quickly cover all surface of the pan with thin layer. Keep small heat. -Put bean sprout, chives, pork bellies and shrimp, green bean. After about 2 minutes, add a little bit cooking oil around rim of cake.
- Wait until the cake turns crispy, folded into a semicircle. Put into plate.
Step 4: Making dipping sauce:
Mix 1 spoon of sugar, 1 spoon of fish sauce, 5 spoon of coconut water, 1 spoon of rice vinegar, pickle radishes and carrot, minced garlic, chili together.
How to enjoy:
Wrap with lettuce or rice paper and fresh vegetables, dip into dipping sauce and enjoy!
Tips: You can freely choose your favorite ingredients such as shrimp, chicken, duck or minced pork, pork bellies, mushroom, etc.
Another Vietnamese Recipes
Maybe you're interested in