Dried bamboo shoots soup
About Dried bamboo shoots soup ( Canh măng khô hầm )
A bowl of dried bamboo shoots soup is an indispensible delicious dish in most Tet traditional banquets of Vietnamese families with unique flavor from the soft of dried bamboo shoots and pork ribs, sweet taste of hot broth.
- 400 gr dried bamboo shoots
- 300 gr pork ribs and 1 pig leg
- Fish sauce, seasonings, cooking oil, peppers
- Spring onions, coriander
- Clean dried bamboo shoots, soak in water for 2-3 days (Remember to daily alter water), remove old parts, and then slice bamboo shoots.
- Boil dried bamboo shoots with much water until water does not have brown color of bamboo shoots. After that, clean boiled bamboo shoots again.
- Clean, chop ribs and pig leg into 3cm pieces then boil them. Take them out, clean again before putting into pot to stew for 1 hour. Skim off foam to have clean broth.
- Heat two teaspoons of cooking oil, put dried bamboo shoots into pot, add two teaspoons of fish sauce, a teaspoon of salt, a little bit of pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put all above bamboo shoots into stewing pot of pork ribs, pig leg. Then continue stewing until bamboo shoots, ribs and pig leg are soft. Add spices following your favor.
How to enjoy:
- Put dried bamboo shoots, pork ribs, pig leg into a bowl and pour hot broth. Sprinkle onion, coriander. It is ready to enjoy!
- Enjoy with hot rice or noodle will make the meal more attractive.
Another Vietnamese Recipes
Maybe you're interested in