Snail cooked with banana and tofu
About Snail cooked with banana and tofu ( Ốc chuối đậu )
Snails cooked with banana and tofu is delicious, bold specific of the Northern style. This dish requires a lot of sophisticated steps in processing, so often cooked at weekends when family has gatherings.
- 1.5kg snails
- 200gr tofu
- 200gr bacon
- 3-5 green bananas
- Turmeric powder
- Perilla, citronella, dried onion, green onion garlic, chili
- Shrimp sauce, cooking oil, ferment, fish sauce, salt, sugar
- Cook snail:
- Soak snails with cold water having 1 chili to make snail secrete slime and mud. Change water 2, 3 times and then boil snails.
- Take cooked snail into basket, which is on a clean pot, to keep snails’ boiled water. The water will have dregs, wait for dregs settle down and then take water to other bowl.
- Take snail meet by pointed stick.
- Cut snail into 2 pices to make snails be absorbed easily.
- Grind garlic, onion. Fry them, add a little of shrimp sauce, mix and take the heat off.
- Pour mixture into bowl of snails, add grind citronella, grind chili and mix them well.
- Cover bowl of marinated snails and take into refrigerator. Take it out when you cook it.
- When you cook, fry them quickly.
- Cut tofu into square pieces, fry quickly.
- Apply turmeric powder to bacon, marinate with seasoning, salt and fish sauce. Grill or fry bacon. Slice bacon and then marinate with grind garlic, 1 tea spoon of shrimp sauce, 1 spoon of ferment, salt, sugar, turmeric and seasoning.
- Peel turmeric, grind and twist to take turmeric juice.
- Remove banana peel, slice horizontally then chop into 2 pieces. Soak them in vinegar to against them turning to black. Boil them quickly in water with turmeric and ferment..
- After boiling banana pieces quickly, fry them with grind garlic and onion. Pour snails’ boiled water to the mixture and boil them. Add salt, seasoning, ferment, turmeric juice and shrimp sauce. When bananas are already cooked, add tofu, bacon, snails and cook together. Add spices follow your favor.
- Take the heat off, add chopped perilla, chopped green onion and mix.
How to enjoy:
Another Vietnamese Recipes
Maybe you're interested in