Vietnam Food Tours
A traditional Vietnamese food - Nem is a indispensable food in Vietnamese family, especially in the winter. A hot Nem and a litle sauce, some vegetable make a family meal.
- Shoulder lean: 0.500 kg;
- Lard: 0.200 kg;
- Crab (one): 0.300 kg;
- Dry onion:0.050 kg;
- Black mushroom: 0.020 kg;
- Sugar: 0.020 kg;
- Vermicelli: 0.050 kg;
- Duck eggs: 1 egg;
- Sprouts bean: 0.200 kg;
- Rice paper: 60;
- Lean meat as washed, chopped.Crab cleaned, steaming, take meat then dry
- Black mushrooms soaked in hot water until soft, washed, cut off legs, squeeze dry, julienne. –
- Vermicelli cut 2 cm (dry, not soaked).
- Sprouts bean clean, draine, chopped. Dry onion peel, finely chopped.Vegetables picked clean, dry flakes. Fresh chilli clean, finely.
How to cook:
- Break the egg and mix with meat, crab, black mushrooms, vermicelli, bean sprouts, dry onions,
little sauce (not to much attention as rice paper had salinity is available and when you eat with sauce mix), sugar, seasoning, pepper to make the core of nem.
- Rice paper, cut out hard edges around. Take a spoon of core on rice paper, rolled back are bigger than your thumb, 5-6 cm long.
- Pour the fat into the pan and heat, put Nem in pan note: Put the fold side first to avoid peeling. When Nem is golden, fish out, drain fat, cut into 2-3 pieces, present on dishes.
- You should eat Nem when it’s still hot.
- Enjoy with sauce, vegetables such as: tomato, cucumber, salad…
- You should use lemon juice or sugar water, when roled you put a small wipe them outside of nem.
- Shouldn’t role Nem tight, it makes Nem break when fry.
- Sauce: Garlic, hot peppers cut into small slices, fish sauce, spices (soup), pepper, sugar, vinegar,warm boiled water mixed together. Have you noticed the salty, sour, sweet to comparible with you.